The Gift, 234 Arthys Road, Cooran
A warm welcome to you all.
PLEASE ALWAYS CONTACT US TO ASCERTAIN AVAILABILITY OF CLASSES
Thursday: 9am – 10:45am
This joyful yoga session begins with tea, welcome and opening prayer. The class includes meditation, relaxation, exploration of yoga movement and concludes with relaxation.
Feel free to stay and enjoy Coffee /tea and cake on the deck after class and join our yoga community.
Casual class $20
Yoga Card $170 valid (30 weeks)
CLASSES HAVE LIMITED NUMBERS – CHECK AVAILABILITY!
Private Yoga Groups
Tuesday & Wednesday are available for Private Bookings.
Private Groups (up to four participants) These sessions cater for individual needs and include personalized programs. They are ideally suited to those who wish to deepen their yoga practice or require assistance due to injury/illness, limited flexibility and strength.
These sessions are unhurried and consist of any combination of the following in accordance with individual needs.
- Yoga Mentoring and Spiritual Guidance
- Walking in our tranquil surroundings or sitting quietly observing the beauty of earth and sky, sipping tea and sharing respectful communication especially during those times of insecurity, grief and confusion when we need someone to walk with us.
- Being guided to deepen body and breath awareness to facilitate healing and renewed vitality
- Deep relaxation and meditation
Private Sessions—small group or individual $120—1.5 hours
Helpful Hints When Attending a Yoga Class
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing
- Empty bladder/bowels before practice
- Allow at least one hour to elapse after a small meal—three hours after a large meal before you begin your routine
- Breathe through the nose and do not hold breath during postures
- Remember unfolding, straightening movements are done on inhalation—folding or contracting movements are done on an exhalation
- Be aware not to force or strain the body. Always move with awareness—slowly and carefully
- Patience and concentration should be maintained throughout your yoga session
- No two bodies are the same and nothing about yoga is competitive
- Progress at your own pace—you will learn about your strengths and weaknesses
- If you are under professional care or are uncertain of the type of exercise you should engage in, check with your physician first
- Always discuss any health concerns with the teacher before attending class
Yoga is Good for You
Some of the benefits yoga students comment on:
- Ease of breath and movement
- Increased energy and stamina
- Strength and flexibility
- Ability to relax
- Lessening of anxiety and other stress related disorders
- Relief from some chronic conditions
- Improved sleep
- Improved mental clarity, focus & concentration
- Ability to cope with life’s pressures
- Improved posture
- A heightened sense of joy, vitality and well being
Poems ... by Gerry HillierWhat Do I Know What do I know –all the things I think about;so much means nothingand so much enlivens my being. How many times I feel blessed;you and I talking in the late afternoon;people who come to me from different storiesshare their...